OT: Templating systems (was RE: [Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst)

John Siracusa siracusa at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 21 03:23:43 CEST 2005

On 10/20/05 8:56 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 12:21:40PM +1300, Sam Vilain wrote:
>> You can *enforce* that the separation is complete in other ways.  For
>> instance, if you are using the Tangram model, then you simply don't pass
>> in a storage handle to your template, so that no model changes are
>> possible from the view.
>
> I've often wondered how to do that with TT and CDBI combination.  Kind
> Rather crude, but maybe wrap the $tt->process call in something that
> disables everything except selects.

Er, call me crazy, but I don't want my views doing selects either.  As far
as I'm concerned, the only think a template is allowed to do is rearrange
the data I pass it and synthesize values based on that data.  No selects, no
db access at all.  How do I enforce it?  Er, code reviews, I guess :)

-John