[Catalyst] Configuration Approach

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 08:41:36 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:52:33AM -0700, Corey wrote:
> Thou seeketh Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML

It would be nice if the docs for this had an example or two.

  "For any keys in the configuration file that start with Catalyst::,
  the corresponding value is taken as the configuration for that class."

I'm sure that makes sense once you know what you're doing, but at a
first glance my first thought is "wtf?"

I assume that it means you have a file that looks very similar the the
cookbook example I linked to, except instead of:

  # session; perldoc Catalyst::Plugin::Session::FastMmap
  session:
    expires:        '3600'
    rewrite:        '0'
    storage:        '/tmp/myapp.session'

You'd have:

  # session; perldoc Catalyst::Plugin::Session::FastMmap
  Catalyst::Plugin::Session::FastMmap:
    expires:        '3600'
    rewrite:        '0'
    storage:        '/tmp/myapp.session'

is that right?

[in my opinion, having to ask this is a clear sign that the docs should
be expanded to cover this]

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright