[Catalyst] Configuration Approach

Cédric Bouvier cbouvi at free.fr
Tue Oct 25 14:05:30 CEST 2005

Le lundi 24 octobre 2005, à 07 heures 52, Corey écrivait :
> On Monday 24 October 2005 07:34 pm, Andrew Libby wrote:
> > I'm learning Catalyst, and have found that I'm using a number of
> > plugins, and a variety of configuraiton parameters.  It seems
> > that managing app configurations can be quite cumbersome
> >
> > What are folks doing to address this?
> >
> > What do folks generally do to have configuraitons that are easily
> > managable by non-programmers?
> >

> Thou seeketh Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML
>
> "DESCRIPTION
>        This Catalyst plugin enables you to configure your Catalyst application
> with an external YAML file instead of somewhere in your application code."

This data format looks very nice, but I cannot find the way to perform
any kind of interpolation within the YAML file.

I'd love to have something like this:

    home: /home/cbouvi/dev/MyApp
    include_templates: $home/templates/lib

Unfortunately, it seems that I must expand $home myself, i.e.:

    home: /home/cbouvi/dev/MyApp
    include_templates: /home/cbouvi/dev/MyApp/templates/lib

Is there a way to avoid copy'n'pasting throughout the whole config file?
Or is it not an issue because of something that I might have overlooked
and that makes my concerns completely irrelevant...

TIA

--
C é d r i c   B o u v i e r