[Catalyst] Configuration Approach

Dami Laurent (PJ) laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch
Tue Oct 25 18:18:36 CEST 2005

Le lundi 24 octobre 2005, a 07 heures 52, Corey ecrivait :
> On Monday 24 October 2005 07:34 pm, Andrew Libby wrote:
> > I'm learning Catalyst, and have found that I'm using a number of
> > plugins, and a variety of configuraiton parameters.  It seems
> > that managing app configurations can be quite cumbersome
> >
> > What are folks doing to address this?
> >
> > What do folks generally do to have configuraitons that are easily
> > managable by non-programmers?
> >

> Thou seeketh Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML

My preferred module for application configuration is AppConfig by Andy
Wardley. It comes with the Template Toolkit and has a very clever API
(config parameters from a flat file, from command-line args, from CGI
args) and supports interpolation of variables.

Laurent Dami
Conseiller en systemes d'information
Palais de Justice - Etat de Geneve
Case postale 3966
Place du Bourg-de-Four 3, 1211 Geneve 3
+41 (22) 327 20 64 (direct), +41 (22) 327 20 37 (service)
http://cui.unige.ch/~dami