[Catalyst] Configuration Approach

Andrew Libby andrew.libby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:04:33 CEST 2005

This module looks very interesting, but does not seem to
integrate w/ Catalyst as organically as the Config::YAML.
What's your approach to using it?  Do you process a
onfiguration in your main config() method, or do you
do it in setup?  Do you manually retrieve this configuration
in each of your M/V/C classes, or do you integrate into
the main config hash somehow?

Thanks.

Andy

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 18:18 +0200, Dami Laurent (PJ) wrote:
> Le lundi 24 octobre 2005, a 07 heures 52, Corey ecrivait :
> > On Monday 24 October 2005 07:34 pm, Andrew Libby wrote:
> > > I'm learning Catalyst, and have found that I'm using a number of
> > > plugins, and a variety of configuraiton parameters.  It seems
> > > that managing app configurations can be quite cumbersome
> > >
> > > What are folks doing to address this?
> > >
> > > What do folks generally do to have configuraitons that are easily
> > > managable by non-programmers?
> > >

> > Thou seeketh Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML
> >

> My preferred module for application configuration is AppConfig by Andy
> Wardley. It comes with the Template Toolkit and has a very clever API
> (config parameters from a flat file, from command-line args, from CGI
> args) and supports interpolation of variables.
>
> Laurent Dami
> Conseiller en systemes d'information
> Palais de Justice - Etat de Geneve
> Case postale 3966
> Place du Bourg-de-Four 3, 1211 Geneve 3
> +41 (22) 327 20 64 (direct), +41 (22) 327 20 37 (service)
> http://cui.unige.ch/~dami

Andrew Libby
Tangeis
Phoenixville PA, USA