[Catalyst] Sessions, Auth::CDBI, and static files

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Sun Sep 4 17:46:06 CEST 2005

Thomas L. Shinnick wrote:
> So, is it an unavoidable consequence of having plugins perform real work in prepare_* steps, that every action and every request is going to have all the overhead of all the plugins installed?

It might be possible to move up the file checking from dispatch() into
an earlier prepare stage, I'll play around with this and see what works.

Some people may want their static files to be secured by an auth plugin
though, but this can probably be handled by the placement of the plugin
in the setup() list, i.e. put Auth before your Static plugin to secure it.

-Andy