Static::Simple 0.06 (Re: [Catalyst] Sessions, Auth::CDBI, and static files)

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Mon Sep 5 21:42:32 CEST 2005

Andy Grundman wrote:
> Thomas L. Shinnick wrote:
>
>> So, is it an unavoidable consequence of having plugins perform real
>> work in prepare_* steps, that every action and every request is going
>> to have all the overhead of all the plugins installed?
>

> It might be possible to move up the file checking from dispatch() into
> an earlier prepare stage, I'll play around with this and see what works.

Static::Simple 0.06 (just released) moves the checking into
prepare_action, so you can bypass other plugins which also use
prepare_action by listing Static::Simple before your other plugins in
your setup() line or use Catalyst line.

This may not work for all plugins, since some probably use other prepare
methods to do their work.  Let me know how it works for you.

http://pause.perl.org/incoming/Catalyst-Plugin-Static-Simple-0.06.tar.gz

-Andy