[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Model::LDAP

Daniel Westermann-Clark daniel at acceleration.net
Wed Sep 7 01:12:16 CEST 2005

On 2005-08-29 19:43:49 -0400, Christopher Heschong wrote:
> 20 calls to ->search('(sn=Test)') should ideally return 20
> references to a single object, rather than 20 distinct but identical
> objects.  Cache::FastMmap works pretty well for this for me.

(Sorry for the slow response - I was distracted by other projects last
week.)

I've added code to optionally cache search results.  This required
changing the search method to return the entries instead of the LDAP
response.  (Caching the Net::LDAP::Search object using didn't work
because it contained a reference to an open socket, I think.)

If there aren't any objections, I'll try to get this up on CPAN this
week.  For now, download it at:

http://dev.webadmin.ufl.edu/~dwc/perl/Catalyst-Model-LDAP-0.02.tar.gz

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark