[Catalyst] Scaffold Naming Conventions

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Sep 7 14:11:52 CEST 2005

Marcus Ramberg wrote:
[snip]
>>As more and more of these pop up, it would be nice to keep their
>>namespac names consistant?
>

> Well, I guess it really depends on how you want your scaffold to work. I
> think you might want to have a separate model helper for handel to make
> carts and stuff, and then a Scaffold::Handel helper to do the default
> controller.
> Marcus

I was hoping for some official position from the Catalyst team, since
we're talking about people naming their modules that invade the
Catalyst:Helper namespace at will.

Personally, I'm exactly on the track you mentioned.

::Helper::Model::Handel::Cart - creates cart model
::Helper::Model::Handel::Order - creates order model
::Helper::Controller::Handel::Cart - creates cart controller/TT
::Helper::Controller::Handel::Order - creates order controller/TT
::Helper::Controller::Handel::Checkout - creates checkout controller/TT
::Helper::Handel::Scaffold - uses all of the above to create "all"

There's some debate at to whether it should be Handel::Scaffold, or
Scaffold::Handel...

But, the Mason scaffold is tantamount to:

::Helper::Controller::Handel::Cart::Mason

If it were me, maybe:

::Helper::Model::Handel::Cart should just be able to create TT or Mason
templates without the need for a seperate dist, where the controller
code is probably the same between both (except for what's passed to
stash->{template})?

-=Chris