[Catalyst] Tree::Simple API change

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:50:38 CEST 2005

All -

    Stevan Little and I are refactoring Tree::Simple quite heavily
over the next few weeks. Internals are going to change as well as
providing the capability to have automagical persistence (both to a
file or to a database). To do this, the API has to change quite a bit.
This will be a major version change, from 1.15 (current) to 2.0.

    We wanted to give you a heads up to let you know this is happening
as you're one of the major consumers we know about. There will be a
Tree::Simple::Compat that will pass the old test suite (which will be
included).

    If you ever wanted to have any features in Tree::Simple, now's the
time to speak up.

Thanks,
Rob