[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::REST::Data::Serializer

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Wed Sep 14 23:19:34 CEST 2005

Thanks to the folks on #catalyst (mst, et al) I've put the first
version of a Data::Serializer based REST view into the Cat SVN and CPAN.

http://search.cpan.org/~holoway/Catalyst-View-REST-Data-Serializer-0.01/
and
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/browser/trunk/Catalyst-View-REST-Data-
Serializer/

If you are not familiar with Data::Serializer, it's a nice wrapper
around the various Perl serialization mechanisms, and is easily
configurable at runtime.  It also adds lots of options for hashing
your data before sending it on, as well as encrypting it.

I'm using it to create some standalone Catalyst servers that are
controlling a code building/deploying system.

Hope it's useful to someone but me! :)

Adam