[Catalyst] [OT] Could a Linux user try this for me

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Mon Sep 19 16:08:43 CEST 2005

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Andy Grundman wrote:
>
>> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>>
>>> Could a kind Linux user in da hizzel give the v0.20 Handel::Scaffold a
>>> try when they get a spare cycle.
>>>
>>> I've tested the file creation on XP and FreeBSD 5.4, but I don't have a
>>> Linux box handy.
>>>
>>> Someone is having some strange file creation problems. The directories
>>> in root get created, but the controller/models don't. That seems very
>>> strange since the controllers create the class file, then the
>>> template files...
>>>
>>> Here's the start of the thread:
>>> http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/handel/2005-September/000027.html
>>

>> I get the exact same results as this user.  Note that I did not have
>> any database created, and just entered a bogus DSN.
>>
>> # catalyst.pl Handel
>> # cd Handel
>> # script/handel_create.pl Handel::Scaffold dbi:SQLite:handel.db
>> created
>> "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../lib/Handel/V/TT.pm"
>> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../t/V/TT.t"
>> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../root/cart"
>> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../root/orders"
>> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../root/checkout"
>>
>> -Andy
>>

> Well, I think catalyst.pl Handel will create Handel.pm, which will
> completely trash the installed Handel...but I digress...
>
> Asside from that, after catalyst.pl Handel, do you have M/C directories
> in lib/Handel and t?
>
> His directory did not. That in itself is a very strange thing after
> running catalyst.pl...

Yep, catalyst.pl Handel creates the expected Cat directory structure:

created "Handel"
created "Handel/script"
created "Handel/lib"
created "Handel/root"
created "Handel/t"
created "Handel/t/M"
created "Handel/t/V"
created "Handel/t/C"
created "Handel/lib/Handel"
created "Handel/lib/Handel/M"
created "Handel/lib/Handel/V"
created "Handel/lib/Handel/C"
created "Handel/lib/Handel.pm"
created "Handel/Build.PL"
created "Handel/Makefile.PL"
created "Handel/README"
created "Handel/Changes"
created "Handel/t/01app.t"
created "Handel/t/02pod.t"
created "Handel/t/03podcoverage.t"
created "Handel/script/handel_cgi.pl"
created "Handel/script/handel_fastcgi.pl"
created "Handel/script/handel_server.pl"
created "Handel/script/handel_test.pl"
created "Handel/script/handel_create.pl"