[Catalyst] [OT] Could a Linux user try this for me

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Mon Sep 19 15:56:27 CEST 2005

Andy Grundman wrote:
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>> Could a kind Linux user in da hizzel give the v0.20 Handel::Scaffold a
>> try when they get a spare cycle.
>>
>> I've tested the file creation on XP and FreeBSD 5.4, but I don't have a
>> Linux box handy.
>>
>> Someone is having some strange file creation problems. The directories
>> in root get created, but the controller/models don't. That seems very
>> strange since the controllers create the class file, then the template
>> files...
>>
>> Here's the start of the thread:
>> http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/handel/2005-September/000027.html
>

> I get the exact same results as this user.  Note that I did not have any
> database created, and just entered a bogus DSN.
>
> # catalyst.pl Handel
> # cd Handel
> # script/handel_create.pl Handel::Scaffold dbi:SQLite:handel.db
> created
> "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../lib/Handel/V/TT.pm"
> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../t/V/TT.t"
> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../root/cart"
> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../root/orders"
> created "/home/andy/dev/Catalyst/examples/Handel/script/../root/checkout"
>
> -Andy

Well, I think catalyst.pl Handel will create Handel.pm, which will
completely trash the installed Handel...but I digress...

Asside from that, after catalyst.pl Handel, do you have M/C directories
in lib/Handel and t?

His directory did not. That in itself is a very strange thing after
running catalyst.pl...