[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Plugin::EnhancedParams

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 20:50:23 CEST 2006

On 4/1/06, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior <acid06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already uploaded it to the CPAN, but PAUSE apparently hates me.
> However, sooner or later it will end up appearing at your favorite
> CPAN mirror.

Apparently, PAUSE hates me for good reasons.

Matt just told me about Catalyst::Plugin::Params::Nested which
completely implements Rails-like parameters. I swear I searched for it
but, somehow, "Params::Nested" didn't seem to be what I wanted.

I'll probably update the module and make it sublcass
Catalyst::Plugin::Params::Nested instead of implementing its own
behaviour and just keep the method aliases (which I really like, by
the way).

One thing still strikes me as odd: why
Catalyst::Plugin::Params::Nested functionality isn't present in
Catalyst itself? Or, at least, why isn't it a core plugin or at the
very least installed by Task::Catalyst?

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.