[Catalyst] upload->fullpath

David Rio Deiros drio at console.net
Sat Apr 1 20:51:19 CEST 2006

Hi there,

Some weeks ago we were talking about modifing upload->filename to
return only the name of the file and then to have another method
(maybe called fullpath) which will return the fullpath of the
file.

I have started digging into the code and this is what I would do:

1. Remove the accessor for filename in Catalyst::Request::Upload

2. Add a new method which will parse the upload string. Somthing
like:

    if ( $original_filename =~ /([^\/\\]+)$/ ) {
        return $1;
    }
    else {
        return $original_filename;
    }

3. Add a new method which basically return the original
upload string name.

I have tried this but I run into a deep recursion when I run
the filename method since there is already an attribute with
that name.

Do you guys thing this is the proper way to do it? Advices are
welcome.

Thanks,

David