[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Plugin::EnhancedParams

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:04:17 CEST 2006

On 4/1/06, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> I assume you are leaving out validation, but What happens when someone
> submits:
>
>     <input type="text" name="person[superuser]" value="1" />

<trying to be funny mode on>
Then I'll just add some JavaScript validation, you silly!
<trying to be funny mode off>

That was just an illustrative example, but there actually are
situations where it wouldn't be that bad to leave data validation up
to the RDBMS. Not that I'd usually do it, but if I used Pg instead of
MySQL I'd probably end up doing some of this kind of stuff at the
RDBMS.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.