[Catalyst] Catalyst update issues

Kenn Vryenhoek lists at stes.ca
Tue Apr 4 18:49:22 CEST 2006

> [what's with CPANPLUS 'freezing' at some prompts, eg. "would you like
> to install lwp-request?" and how the hell do you install Template with
> cpanp, it auto-answers the "Do you want to do DBI tests?" question for
> me with al the wrong answers]

I think I saw this on my last install.  Here's a work around:

If possible use CPANPLUS from a resizable console.  eg.  ssh in from a gui
window manager if your working on a command line only system.  I use konsole
in KDE.

When CPANPLUS 'freezes', expand the vertical size of the console.  The prompt
will be hiding just below the original bottom of the window.

If your seeing the same problem, this will enable you to answer the prompt and
carry on.

Good luck.

Kenn