[Catalyst] Easier catalyst installation

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Apr 4 20:22:45 CEST 2006

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Right. But the end users aren't going to read the source, they're going
> to do perl cat-install to get their cat install.

But the end users are going to be directed to the instructions that say it in
big letters. I was assuming people pitching in to test would read the damn
thing before firing it up.

> I would suggest that thatinfo should be printed out with beeps when the
> script is run...

Nah. I'll just run some geoip tests and autoconfigure the bastard.

> And strangly enough... I didn't setup CPAN at all when I did the fresh
> install of 5.8.8 with no preexisting .cpan directory...

It comes preconfigured in AS 5.8.8. In AS 5.8.7 it doesn't.