[Catalyst] Maxipoint Spam

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Apr 6 19:45:03 CEST 2006

* Christopher Hicks <chicks at chicks.net> [2006-04-06 19:15]:
> My company is planning on offering Catalyst hosting soon too.
> Feel free to contact me directly.  And we've got a saner clue
> as to what spam is than "some people".

I think such services *should* be posted to the list. What better
news for the crew than to hear that commercial service providers
support it? Users likewise *want* to know about people they can
give their money to. Just as long as the mail is a polite note,
instead of abuse of the list as an advertising mouthpiece.

An approach that should work well for more active advertising
would be to be an active and helpful poster on the list and have
one or two unobtrusive lines of ad in your signature.

There’s no need to hide your commercial offers under a bushel.
If you actually care about a project (and not just about a quick
buck), you can easily advertise services relating to it without
pissing everyone off, and that will actually be a *boon* to the
project.

Regards,