[Catalyst] Wiki spam

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Fri Apr 7 17:03:06 CEST 2006

catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 04/07/2006 09:54:40 AM:

> Kiki wrote:
> > The wiki got spammed too (about 2-3 hours ago). It's a weird kinda
spam:
> > invisible (by css) "googly" referral links spam. Looks like the work of
> > a not too bright bot (only standard trac wiki pages got spammed). The
> > spammers IP address is: 212.106.129.12. Disabling anonymous edits was
> > considered but not enforced due to the inability of the Trac wiki to
> > allow automated sign-up of users.

This is not new I have cleaned up the wikistart from this invis div crap a
few times now.

One thing we need to remember though,  the spammers win even when we clear
the page -- the history page still
links all of those old spam links in.  I know for a fact google's engine
runs a blacklist that lowers a site's rank when
there are a bunch of blacklisted links on it -- so it hurts our site as
well.

Wade