[Catalyst] RFC: Authentication & Authorization Tutorial

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 00:22:45 CEST 2006

On 08/04/06, hkclark at gmail.com <hkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> OK, so this took *much* longer than expected, but I think I'm finally
> ready to get input and suggestions from the group.  It's mostly a
> general Catalyst intro (so maybe the name is wrong), but it tries to
> focus on authentication and authorization with DBIC.  I did it in POD.
>
> Matt suggested putting "snapshots" of the code at different points
> along the way in the Catalyst Subversion repository.  I have indicated
> where I think the commits should be done when the time is right.
>
> Please let me know if have ideas to improve this.

I think that it would be good to have  a reference implementation of this
tutorial available as a tarball.  This saves poor users from typos and other
problems, and minimises requests for support, or at least means that support
consists of "get this working first - here's a reference implementation" for
most cases.

Actually I like it very much, and I will probably use this to kick-start the
next section of the application I am writing instead of using Enzyme of
InstantCrud.

Thanks