[Catalyst] RFC: Authentication & Authorization Tutorial

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Wed Apr 12 04:11:32 CEST 2006

catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 04/11/2006 08:00:38 PM:

Great work on this doc!  Very nice.

In the last section where you talk about hashing the password, could you
change that to salted?  I have a feeling a lot of people are going to
be using this as a starting point and a salted hash is much more secure
then a generic hash for passwords.

Also,  I did notice a bunch of typo's (unrelated to the code) in the
version I am reading (.91),  is there a newer version out there anywhere
so I can comment on them if they are not fixed yet?

the types of errors I am talking about are on the scale of:

Next, create a corresponding method in "lib/MyApp/Controller/Logout.pm":

           =item default

           Login logic    ####### < this should be "Logout logic"...

           =cut