[Catalyst] RFC: Authentication & Authorization Tutorial

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Apr 12 14:49:27 CEST 2006

hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
  >>  4. from the perspective of a cat newb who has only worked throgh the
>> existing tutorial beforehand ... some discontinuties that come up going from
>> that to this ...
>>
>>   - why are we now using tt2 extensions for our templates? does this mean
>> anything or is it just personal choice?
>
> Yeah, I thought that was a little weird when I first used TTSite too
> (like the "c" vs "Catalyst" thing).  I came *sooo* close to mentioning
> this, but I thought I might be the only one who thought it was "odd".
> I'll add a note about that and explain that it's just "convention".
>
>>   - how does TT know that the path to templates is now root/src ? this had
>> to be explicitly set (in MyApp.pm IIRC) in the other tut.
>>

> I sorta mention the settings in MyApp::View::TT.pm that TTSite sets
> up, but I'll expand that some.

Basically, the standard TT view helper creates a simple lightweight TT view
along the lines those of us who came as refugees from Maypole-land were used to.

The TTSite view creates a TT view and some standard files configured the way
Andy Wardley (TT author) likes it.

I've intentionally left out any comment on which is better, because I don't
have a strong opinion either way.