[Catalyst] Google's Summer of Code

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Sat Apr 15 19:45:24 CEST 2006

15.04.2006 16:36 Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior:

> I've just read The Perl Foundation's list of ideas for Google's Summer
> of code and the first one is regarding Catalyst:
>
> "Ajax library for Template Toolkit, akin to the Ajax support in Ruby
> in Rails (likely mentor: the Catalyst project)."
>
> I don't know if this has been discussed directly with any but what
> exactly do you have in mind when you say "Ajax library for Template
> Toolkit"? In other words, how to imagine it differently from, say,
> Scriptaculous support, which is already available?

I don't know who came up with the idea or what it exactly means, but
i would prefer actual Catalyst applications as SummerOfCode projects.
(forum, blog, gallery, cms, wiki...)
Especially a decent Trac alternative (wiki, svn browser, timeline)
would rock very much.

I'd also like to see more cool stuff like Ingy's Jemplate.

     http://cpansearch.perl.org/dist/Jemplate/lib/Jemplate.pm

--
sebastian