[Catalyst] Google's Summer of Code

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sat Apr 15 21:16:10 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 12:36:17 -0300, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:
> I've just read The Perl Foundation's list of ideas for Google's Summer
> of code and the first one is regarding Catalyst:
>
> "Ajax library for Template Toolkit, akin to the Ajax support in Ruby
> in Rails (likely mentor: the Catalyst project)."

Uh, we have that. We have MochiKit too.

We want Dojo and/or YUI, not prototype...

> I don't know if this has been discussed directly with any but what
> exactly do you have in mind when you say "Ajax library for Template
> Toolkit"?

HTML/JS generation. it really doesn't have much to do with Template
Toolkit, although this could be a plugin of sorts for better
integration.

> In other words, how to imagine it differently from, say,
> Scriptaculous support, which is already available?

No diff

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418