[Catalyst] Google's Summer of Code

Jason Yates jaywhy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 23:29:30 CEST 2006

> "Ajax library for Template Toolkit, akin to the Ajax support in Ruby
> in Rails (likely mentor: the Catalyst project)."

Interesting idea, the new RJS support in Rails 1.1 is very useful.
Something like this in Catalyst would be very useful

Plus I'd also like to see some simplification of some other aspects.
An example would be UploadProgress, in Rails all you do in the view is
add this:

<%= form_tag_with_upload_progress %>
<%= file_field :model, :file_column %>
<%= submit_tag 'Upload' %>
<%= upload_status_tag %>
<%= end_form_tag %>

That is it.  In Catalyst you have:

<form onsubmit="watch_progress(this);">
</form>

Then you create the watch_progress javascript function yourself.  A
better DRY approach like Rails would be a much better approach.

Better scaffolding support for DBIx::Class, and something like Rails
Ajax scaffolding would be very helpful(http://www.ajaxscaffold.com/)

Plus, something like Rails integration testing would also be nice.

http://jamis.jamisbuck.org/articles/2006/03/09/integration-testing-in-rails-1-1

--
Jason Yates
jaywhy at gmail.com