[Catalyst] Need HTML Widget And Validation Assist

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Mon Apr 17 15:49:52 CEST 2006

On 4/17/06, Dennis Daupert <ddaupert at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Dennis wrote
>  >>   my $result = $widget->process;
>
>  Carl replied:
>
>  > I think that line should be:
>  >    my $result = $widget->process( $c->req );
>
>  Hi Carl, Thanks for the reply. This bears on a bit I've
>  been tryig to find the answer for. The pod for HTML::Widget
>  gives two formats for process:
>
>      # Process
>      my $result = $w->process;
>      my $result = $w->process($query);

After you've called it once, it remembers the query object, so if you
need to call process again, it will reuse an existing query object.

>  I looked around to find out how to access '$query.'
>  Does $query = $c->req?

The query can be anything that has a param() method, so $c->req (which
is a Catalyst::Request object) qualifies, or for non-Catalyst
applications you can use Apache::Request objects, or CGI.pm objects,
or a host of things with similar interfaces...

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com - http://www.jasonkohles.com/