[Catalyst] Catalyst on Windows advice needed

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Apr 19 15:10:09 CEST 2006

Stuart McGraw wrote:
> DBIx-Class-0.06001
>   many tests ran but lots of these errors:
>   t\cdbi-t\22-self_referential........Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x23
>   69e10, Perl interpreter: 0x162445c at C:/Perl/site/lib/SQL/Abstract/Limit.pm
>   line 325.

That's a warning, not an error, I believe, and again something that seems to
have suddenly appeared with AS 5.8.8.

> Now I am having the same problem I had with an earlier
> install -- when I run the tutorial_server.pl script, I get an
> error message that starts:
>
>   Couldn't load "tutorial::View::TToolkit", "Invalid CODE attribute: Private
>   at C:/xx/tutorial/script/../lib/tutorial/View/TToolkit.pm line 6
>   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ...
>
> Any idea what that's about?

You've put a :Private attribute on a sub in your view class rather than on
controller subs where it belongs. You're not supposed to do that - the
tutorial doesn't suggest it and it's not going to work.