[Catalyst] Catalyst on Windows advice needed

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at frii.com
Thu Apr 20 15:41:19 CEST 2006

"Matt S Trout" wrote:
> Stuart McGraw wrote:
> >   Couldn't load "tutorial::View::TToolkit", "Invalid CODE attribute: Private
> >   at C:/xx/tutorial/script/../lib/tutorial/View/TToolkit.pm line 6
> >   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ...
> >
> > Any idea what that's about?
>
> You've put a :Private attribute on a sub in your view class rather than on
> controller subs where it belongs. You're not supposed to do that - the
> tutorial doesn't suggest it and it's not going to work.

Aaackk!  You are, of course, right.  My feeble excuse is that
I was reinstalling so much and repeating the tutorial so often
that I started cutting and pasting and stopped reading, thus I
started putting it into the most recent file created (TToolkit.pm)
rather than where the tutorial said to put it.
Apologies and thanks.