[Catalyst] What a waste of time

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:44:35 CEST 2006

2006/4/27, Toby Corkindale <toby at ymogen.net>:
> rails coder wrote:
> > On top of all that, the catalyst installation still sucks ass, even if
> > one can manage to do it sucessfully.\
>
> That's completely false. On Gentoo, I mounted the catalyst portage
> overlay and typed "emerge catalystframework" and went and made a coffee.
> No interaction required, no problems, and the end results "just works".

it's true on shared hosting though, which is probably where most
newbies, includies the ror "troll" ran into problems.

I think there may be a viable business providing friendly hosting for
catalyst app, perhaps via a virtual server (ie multiple users with
root access). In my case at least, Dreamhost shared hosting didn't
quite cut it.