[Catalyst] What a waste of time

rails coder railscoder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 17:29:17 CEST 2006

On 4/27/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> useful constructive criticism is welcomed

I gave it in my OP. How dense are you? Fix the installation, write some
useful examples, and write some useful tutorials. Don't make people dig
hours on end to find simple things, like how to require users to be
authenticated, how to handle role based access control, how to handle
sessions, how to validate form posts, etc. Judging by the number of people
who replied to my long-thread inspiring troll, and the content in several of
the replies, you really do have a problem with your docs. Just agree, STFU,
and fix it. Your karma might increase or something.

another troll will get your address banned.

 And the benefit of not "getting my address banned" at this point would be
exactly what? You really are pretty dense... Don't waste your time making
meaningless threats.

Time to get back to writing some rails apps! I suggest some of you readers
who are struggling with the useless cat docs and nasty installation also buy
the book which I mentioned and quit wasting your time.

Last post as railscoder... You got the message. Even if you didn't like it,
it will eventually sink through your dense skull and you will think about it
and discuss it among your peers. Mission Accomplished.

Peace, out.
--
railscoder