[Catalyst] What a waste of time

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Apr 27 17:40:39 CEST 2006

Michele Beltrame wrote:
>> now that we have DBIx::Class it would be possible to reorganize the
>> internals a bit and make it usable in a CGI environment, but is it
>> worth all the trouble?
>
> It depends on "how much fast" it will be possible to make it. Probably
> not enough to be worth. It should be fast enough to make it usable in
> production environment, but is that possible at all?

*Maybe*

The trick would be to dump out the "compiled" DBIC classes, app dispatch tree
etc. in such a way they could be re-loaded off disk rather than all the setup
logic having to run again. Grabbing the entire damn symbol table and
Dumper-ing it to be eval'ed later is *sort of* how it'd have to work, although
inevitably it'd be rather more complicated than that.