[Catalyst] Starting development

Stephen Moore sbmoore at arc.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 27 19:43:02 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 13:13 -0400, Guillermo Roditi wrote:
> OK Here is the deal..
>
> I want to use catalyst.
> I know perl, _very_ well.
> I know how to THINK like a programmer
> I know mysql in and out, php very very well, and i can work my way
> around c and c++

> I'venever had to use any CRUD ish framework just because most of the
> stuff that I do doesnt benefit much from it. Until now.
>
> is there any howtos our there or tutorials other than the basic one on
> CPAN and the outdates ones out on the web?

One catalyst newbie to another:  The thing that helped me the most in
starting to learn catalyst (especially how to do CRUD) was looking at
Catalyst::Enzyme and Catalyst::Example::InstantCRUD.  The source code
for both was especially helpful.  I ended up going with a mix of the
two, basically a modified version of Catalyst::Enzyme with
DBIx::Class::Schema and HTML::Widget.  (If anyone is interested, I'd be
willing to make the source avaliable.  It also has the has_many
relationships on the view page.)

-Stephen Moore