[Catalyst] Starting development

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 21:18:32 CEST 2006

On 4/27/06, hkclark at gmail.com <hkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/27/06, Guillermo Roditi <groditi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > OK Here is the deal..
> >
> > I want to use catalyst.
> > I know perl, _very_ well.
> > I know how to THINK like a programmer
> > I know mysql in and out, php very very well, and i can work my way around c
> > and c++
> >

> Hi Guillermo,
>
> Having ramped on Cat fairly recently myself, I think the following
> suggestions might help:

PS -- I forgot to mention that the tutorial does use sqlite vs. mysql.
 But it should be pretty easy to convert it over.  Maybe we could even
work together to add that to the tutorial.  In theory, I think is
would just require small changes to the .sql files and a change of the
'dbi:SQLite:myapp.db' DSN (which could even be overridden via an
environment vbl as shown in the very last section).

Regards,
Kennedy