[Catalyst] Is Catalyst large enough to sustain a book?

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 21:11:34 CEST 2006

> Yes. But we have the "it should include an ORM", "It shouldn't include an
> ORM", "it should include an ORM", "it shouldn't include an ORM" debate
> about
> Catalyst about once a fortnight, or at least it feels like that often.

On that subject, I don't really see what the fuss is about. What's the
problem to have lots of contributions from people who are hot on various
different topics of cat, and put them together with *gasp* a TOC/Index so
people can read what they want? I've used technical books like that for
years, in fact my favourite ones have extra appeal *because* I can use them
like that. ("Ooh, I never knew I was interested in that ...")

Looks to me like the sticking point is actually finding someone to pull the
whole lot into some shape that looks and feels like a book. The rest is so
many red herrings.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com