[Catalyst] Is Catalyst large enough to sustain a book?

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Fri Apr 28 21:39:43 CEST 2006

+----[ Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> (28.Apr.2006 16:07):

| Daniel McBrearty wrote:
| > dunno Matt. Doesn't look like a holy war to me, just a lot of
| > discussion. sometimes that's good.

Of course, it doesn't look like a holy war,

| Yes. But we have the "it should include an ORM", "It shouldn't include an
| ORM", "it should include an ORM", "it shouldn't include an ORM" debate about
| Catalyst about once a fortnight, or at least it feels like that often.
|
| Opinions differ. Depending on the target market for the book, the contents of
| the book should differ. But people still insist on going back and forth
| looking for the one true answer again and again and again and again.

+----]

in FreeBSD we call this a "bikeshed" discussion.

the origin of the term illustrates a nice metaphor
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#BIKESHED-PAINTING

I brought it because I think it fits in this thread (no
offense intended to anyone).

Quoting Poul-Henning Kamp:
"I wish we could reduce the amount of noise in our lists and
I wish we could let people build a bike shed every so often,
and I don't really care what colour they paint it."

Peace,

Fernan