[Catalyst] "Installing under ..." on the wiki

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 22:01:40 CEST 2006

With all the talk of how tough catalyst can be to install, it seems a
shame that pages like:

  "Installing Catalyst as someone other than root",
  "Installing Catalyst as someone other than root",
  "Installing Catalyst as someone other than root" and
  "Installing Catalyst as someone other than root"

are all 'hidden away' under the link titled "Issues that people have
faced and how they solved them".

I'd like to propose a new section, in Documentation/Getting Started that
deals with installing Catalyst.

It raises the profile of these pages a bit more, and might help other
people find their way.

I'm currently exploring Ubuntu as my potential distro of choice, which
has lead me to explore the joy that it Debian package management. It's
too early to tell, but I've been playing with dh-make-perl and have
progressed to exploring the merits of CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb.
If it leads anywhere I'd like to add my findings to the wiki.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.