[Catalyst] ORMs, CRUD, etc

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sat Apr 29 00:40:28 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 19:33:02 -0400, Guillermo Roditi wrote:
> >DBIx::Class aka DBIC is an ORM with several "interfaces" - one of
> >these is DBIx::Class::Schema - the preferred one.
> >
> >Class::DBI is DBIx::Class's inspirational ancestor, but has some
> >technical and/or project management limitations (Some will argue).
> >
> >The most widely supported ORM is probably DBIx::Class - almost all
> >of the user base has migrated to it.
>

> Ohhhh I get it now. Thanks. That makes my life like 10 times easier. i was
> so confused by all this.
>
> Why do you need PGP or GPG?
>

> Because when tryingto install a module on CPAN it keeps dying telling me it
> needs it. I dont get it either Catalyst::Plugin::Scheduler is the module and
> it looks like  DateTime-TimeZone is the culprit.
>
> I have no clue what the hell is going on.
>
> dies at " /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Module/Signature.pm line 13"

Oi!

Module::Signature should not have been installed by anyone =/

Module::Signature should in theory check that pgp/gpg is installed -
try upgrading it (in which case i'd expect it to fall back) or
completely uninstalling it.

Please try to remember when this started - somebody got their deps
wrong.

> I think I might just wipe my box tomorrow and put some nice clean fresh
> freeBSD on it. i have a feeling my worstations ports are masively broken.
> possibly the rest of the boxes i am working on too. The thing is i am just a
> programmer not a sysadmin and theres a lot of stuff i dont know and these
> boxes have uptimes in years so I don't really want to mess with anything ATM

If you want to get close to that - install a version of Perl in your
home directory.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418