[Catalyst] ORMs, CRUD, etc

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 00:33:02 CEST 2006

> DBIx::Class aka DBIC is an ORM with several "interfaces" - one of
> these is DBIx::Class::Schema - the preferred one.
>
> Class::DBI is DBIx::Class's inspirational ancestor, but has some
> technical and/or project management limitations (Some will argue).
>
> The most widely supported ORM is probably DBIx::Class - almost all
> of the user base has migrated to it.

Ohhhh I get it now. Thanks. That makes my life like 10 times easier. i was
so confused by all this.

Why do you need PGP or GPG?

Because when tryingto install a module on CPAN it keeps dying telling me it
needs it. I dont get it either Catalyst::Plugin::Scheduler is the module and
it looks like  DateTime-TimeZone is the culprit.

 I have no clue what the hell is going on.

dies at " /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Module/Signature.pm line 13"

I think I might just wipe my box tomorrow and put some nice clean fresh
freeBSD on it. i have a feeling my worstations ports are masively broken.
possibly the rest of the boxes i am working on too. The thing is i am just a
programmer not a sysadmin and theres a lot of stuff i dont know and these
boxes have uptimes in years so I don't really want to mess with anything ATM