[Catalyst] Making pages within pages

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Tue Aug 1 12:24:23 CEST 2006

On 8/1/06, Ash Berlin <ash at cpan.org> wrote:

> If you just want to render another template and don't want a full other
> request  (sub-requests behaves as if the user hit them in the browser)
> look at
> http://search.cpan.org/~sri/Catalyst-View-TT-0.23/lib/Catalyst/View/TT.pm#CAPTURING_TEMPLATE_OUTPUT

Ah even better - I hadn't seen this as my version was 0.14. If render
allowed a filename then the whole job would be done as
Template->process will do all this work itself. CVTT->render forces
the \$output usage.

Would the maintainers be amenable to having a filename ($output
basically) passed? I could whip up a patch. The API would change
subtly to "$args is last argument" rather than "$args is 4th
argument".

Paul