[Catalyst] Breakage in Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication v0.08

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 20:00:37 CEST 2006

I've seen all these numerous posts regarding problems with
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication and, naively, I thought I'd be immune
to them.

I updated everything yesterday on my development machine and it was
working alright. But today (probably after the session expired or
something like that) my application bombed while trying to login:

Caught exception in MyTasks::Controller::Root->auto "Can't call method
"from_session" on an undefined value at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Catalyst\Plugin\Authentication.pm line 120."

I've tried downgrading C::P::Authentication to 0.07 and luckily it's
now working alright.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.