[Catalyst] quick windows catinabox question

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:09:00 CEST 2006

On 8/9/06, Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:
>    Last I tried, Cygwin had some issues (Matt had been wrestling with
> it).  Is Catinabox working in Cygwin, or will everything just work in
> Cygwin?  Native vs cygwin doesn't matter.

I don't know about Cygwin - Catalyst runs alright natively under WinXP
for me using AS Perl.

You just need to have a suitable compiling environment (GCC as found
on Blooshed Dev-Cpp IDE will do) in order to install everything from
CPAN instead of relying on crappy PPM files and that's it.

You should give it a try. Being platform independent is one of the
goals of languages like Perl, after all.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.