[Catalyst] Sigh. How do we get on this list?

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:55:55 CEST 2006

FWIW ...

I looked at ROR about a year back for engoi. I thought it was kind of
shiny, but not particularly flexible, and the unclear status of
unicode support in Ruby made it all a no-no as far as I could tell.

Cat is still in fairly early days, and teh learning curve is tough.
But it looks well thought out and things are getting better. Once we
sort our own stuff out a bit more, hopefully we'll be able to
contribute to that.

Sometimes it seems that the s/w business is a bit like the music one.
Everyone is always chasing the latest thing. But is that what matters,
or wins, in the long haul?

Before you wish for something, it's worth asking yourself _why_ you want it.

Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
www.engoi.com : the multi - language vocab trainer
BTW : 0873928131