[Catalyst] User Generated Content (project collaboration)

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Aug 15 17:52:09 CEST 2006

Graham Stead wrote:
> When I think of user generated content I think of CMS, a fairly crowded
> software genre that already contains many mature open source and commercial
> solutions.  I don't personally believe there are great gains to be made
> here, although I could be wrong.

People are thinking more along the lines of Flickr, delicious, last.fm,
etc.  Basically, you log in, see your friends, and "create content", or
something.  See "Web 2.0".  I'm personally not that excited, but it
would be nice to have a free alternative to Flickr.  Competition is good.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway