[Catalyst] User Generated Content (project collaboration)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Aug 16 19:34:52 CEST 2006

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I would be gratefull if you expressed your concerns about InstantCRUD -
> so that I could address them in the new versions of it and at least
> avoid the most grievest blunders.

Mostly: I don't believe in "generate and edit" scaffolds for any but the most
trivial of tasks. As for the rest, we spent hours debating it on #catalyst and
eventually agreed to disagree; I have no desire to re-hash that conversation
now in another forum, it was mostly philosophical differences so we'll just
end up with a holy war.

Splitting it out into two packages, one with the base class in that depends on
Catalyst::Runtime and one with the instantcrud.pl and helper that depends on
Catalyst::Devel would be good though - along with replacing
DBIx::Class::Loader with Schema::Loader. If you've already done any of this in
trunk, my aplogies; I skimmed the CPAN version for speed.