[Catalyst] ways to do stuff and why

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 18:21:38 CEST 2006

You may want to review the thread, "Plugins vs. Base Controllers" to see what some of the lead architects have to say on the issue at least regarding 2/3 and 4.  I think choosing between 2/3 is really a matter of what can be reused usefully and what is overkill design.  For 1 I am not sure but I only put a little logic in the models for stuff directly related to the model, like to encapsulate very frequently used queries.  Not sure what other people have to say.  Purists I think don't want any logic in the model, from what I gather.

--john