[Catalyst] ways to do stuff and why

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:47:36 CEST 2006

if you need to add some block of functionality to your project, how
many ways are there to do it?

1. Add a model. For any data source, maybe with some "intelligence"
hidden in it.
2. Add a controller. To add specific functions to one project.
3. Add a controller base class. To add functions that are reusable
across projects.
4. Write a plugin ... erm , I forgot ;-)

what did I miss out? (I didn't add the View, as far as I can see you
pretty much choose your templating system and stick with it ... but
quite likely I missed something there ...)

A bit of POD summarising the catalogue of techniques that is available
and guidelines as to how to select might be very useful. Hell, I might
even try to write it if I get enough useful info from this thread ...

cheers

Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
www.engoi.com : the multi - language vocab trainer