[Catalyst] utf-8 test server apache disagreement resolved with DBIC 7.001

apv apv at sedition.com
Fri Aug 18 22:43:10 CEST 2006

 From this thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/
catalyst at lists.rawmode.org/msg00778.html

I saw on the DBIC lists that the new release changed its utf8 handling.

          - UTF8Columns changed to use "utf8" instead of "Encode"

I just grabbed it off the pause server and it does indeed fix the
earlier problem which eluded a lot of confusing debugging on my part
(just one example: utf8 worked on apache fine if the charset was
Latin). (And I was not thinking right b/c the other app that wasn't
having any disagreement between testing and live still uses CDBI
underneath with a utf8 hack, so it was almost certainly related to
the Model's handling of the data.)

Thanks to castaway and anyone else who is working on DBIC (and
Catalyst for that matter). It's all really great.

–Ashley