[Catalyst] how to get started?

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Mon Aug 21 20:13:01 CEST 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:

> Steve Atkins wrote:
>> Task::Catalyst is completely broken.
>
> Contact Sebastian Riedel (sri at oook.de), he retained maintainership
> after
> leaving the project so there's nothing we can do about it.

I'm not asking for it to be fixed (or volunteering to), rather warning
the original poster that it doesn't work, despite
dev.catalystframework.org
suggesting using it to install catalyst with.

> Have you tried cat-install? I don't see an error report e-mail from
> you, so I
> presume if you did it worked perfectly :P

No. I really don't like using anything other than cpan to install
perl modules if I can possibly avoid it. I'm close to making an
exception for catalyst, though, so I may give cat-install a try.

(IIRC it's basically a wrapper script around CPAN ?)

Cheers,
   Steve