[Catalyst] how to get started?

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Aug 21 20:26:50 CEST 2006

* Steve Atkins <steve at blighty.com> [2006-08-21 20:20]:
> No. I really don't like using anything other than cpan to
> install perl modules if I can possibly avoid it. I'm close to
> making an exception for catalyst, though, so I may give
> cat-install a try.

You didn’t even look at it, did you?

> (IIRC it's basically a wrapper script around CPAN ?)

I don’t know if I’d call it a wrapper. I suppose you could. It
sets up some overrides to automatically answer the setup
questions of some of the modules involved and then uses the
CPAN.pm API to drive an automatic installation. Works flawlessly
for me every time.

Regards,